Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Space Wolves List #1 - 1500 Points.

Time to take a break in the story for a Space Wolf list!  I designed this list to be fun, capable of winning, and to include as many of my assembled toys as I could for the point cost.  Let's get right to it, shall we?

HQ
Rune Priest (100)
Living Lightning, Murderous Hurricane

ELITES
Dreadnought (115)
Assault Cannon, Heavy Flamer

Wolf Guard Terminators x 5 (220)
Chainfist, Thunderhammer + Stormshield, Heavy Flamer, Wolf Claw

TROOPS
Blood Claws x 9 (208)
Wolf Guard w/ Power Fist, Flamer, Rhino

Grey Hunters x 9 (205)
Meltagun, Power Weapon, Mark of the Wulfen, Rhino

Grey Hunters x 9 (228)
Wolf Guard w/ Power Fist, Meltagun, Power Weapon, Rhino

HEAVY SUPPORT

Long Fangs x 6 (160)
Missle Launcher, Lascannon x 2, Heavy Bolter x 2

Land Raider Crusader (260)
Multi-melta

Total : 1496

Now, some tweaks.  You could drop the Rune Priest (who attaches to the Grey Hunter squad without a Wolf Guard, obviously) and turn him into a Wolf Priest to accompany the Blood Claws and crank up their output.  I'm not in favor of this really, because you're losing out on all of the awesome Rune Priest psychic abilities.

Speaking of those, feel free to tweak them to your play style and opponent.  Jaws has been pretty fantastic for me on at least one occasion, so I will probably sub out Murderous Hurricane every once in a while.

Wargear on the Wolf Guard Terminators is for preference, really.  I always hesitate to take a TH + SS model, (because the points cost is almost that of another squad member!) but I also really like how they look.  I definitely welcome advice on how to kit out my Wolf Guard, as it's one thing I've really struggled with. 

All in all I'm pretty happy with the list.  I've got a few heavy flamer templates to throw down, some meltaguns & lascannons for the inevitable tank bustin', and a lot of cool Space Wolf toys.  It could use a good tweaking and some games under it's belt, but it looks good on paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails